About Me

My photo
Crafting is my passion - just call me a crafting insomniac. If I'm missing - you can find me in my "she-shed" or a craft store. My crafty alter-ego, Lola and I have loads of fun. I never thought I'd have an imaginary friend at my age - but in a house full of men - it's great to have a crafty sister to share all my crafty life and stitching adventures.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sew New and Don't Know What to Do!


Dear Lola,
As you know, I am “Sew New” to blogging that I most definitely don’t know what I am doing.  I’m still learning how to post, edit my posts, create hyperlinks and read comments.  Responding to posts from the wonderful folks who have stumbled upon my little blog has even been challenging! 

What a sweet surprise I got as I was reading my posts -  my very first follower – Teresa Codona of Common Quilts nominated me with this fun Liebster Blog Award! This award is for small blogs with less than 200 followers.  Since I have all of 2 followers – I believe I qualify as a small blog!  LOL!

All I can say to Teresa is Thank You from the bottom of my heart.  How fabulous to get a vote of confidence at such an early point in my blogging life!  I can't wipe this silly grin off my face!  This was like winning a blue ribbon or heck even an Academy Award!  Life is good!

As a way to network - it's my turn to nominate 5 small blogs for the Liebster Award! Here are some of the blogs I visit when I am Sew Sleepless. They've inspired me in sew many ways. Finding other small blogs encouraged me to dive right in and give blogging a try! I hope you will enjoy them, too!

1.         Quilting in The Cold – Being from Finland – she knows about Quilting in the Cold!

2.         Poppy and Poochie – Cute, fun and enthusiastic blog!

3.         Jeliquilts – Love all the creativity here!

4.         Betty at Anything Goes – Stumbled on this blog from the Netherlands!  Bright!

5.         Love to Color My World by Ellie – Great photos, great read!

And there you have it – my 5 Liebster Blog Awards.  By the way, I hope I have done this right!  My intentions are good.   

Sew glad I’m out here in the blogosphere.
Hugs and stitches,
Sew Sleepless

2 comments:

  1. Still learning -
    A Liebster means "dearest" or "favorite" in German. As a recipient you are expected to:

    Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them.
    Present the award to five other blogs
    Let them know by commenting on their blog
    Post the award on your blog
    So on to notify the nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sew Sleepless,
    Unfortunately you have not linked an email address to your blog or your blogger profile. Please maul me at bettyvanos@likestohearfromyou.com
    Happy blogging!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete